Monday, August 29, 2011

BACK ON TRACK!

Can you believe it? A post? From ME? Yes....

It's true.

I thought I was on track before, but we were still unpacking our house, and painting, and trying to find furniture, and working on a few home improvement things, and registering our cars, and getting new ID's, and taking 3 weeks out to visit family in Idaho....

You get the idea. WE'VE BEEN BUSY!

I've maintained my weight, THANKFULLY, but I still have felt like my body is not back at the optimal place I felt I had arrived at when I reached my goal. And I KNEW a change needed to happen...before there were negative results. I found myself becoming very lax with things--thinking to myself that since I hadn't gained after eating so haphazardly, I could go ahead and eat one more this, or a scoop of that...that I was somehow invincible. But I know this is so very far from the truth, and I knew I needed to get back to the basics and settle in to a good, healthy routine again--not because of the weight, but because my body was telling me it needed to be back there...

Happy to say that school started back for the kiddos...and I've been able to get my head in the game again as far as meal planning is concerned. And THAT makes a huge difference. Even though I haven't gained, per se, I still want to check in with myself.

So I'm back to tracking! Even just the past few days, it has made me so aware of myself and eating habits. And it has helped to curb some of the snacking and careless food prep that was starting to take place.

Just grateful to be BACK ON TRACK!

2 comments:

z said...

I just wanted to let you know how great your blog is!!! I just found it looking for the PP+ value of mini chips and I had to bookmark it!! Tanks for the great recipes and pictures. I'm a few months into WW and am 56 pounds down, with about 15-20 to go. I know your recipes will help me stay in track and reinvigorate my boring routine! THANKS!!

Anonymous said...

Hello!
I have just stumbled upon your blog today and I must say I LOVE it! I am learning so many good things and so many good things to eat to not feel like I am starving. I will be folling this blog along! Maybe one day learn how to do my own or more with it!
THANK YOU