Thursday, March 3, 2011

banana chocolate chip sweet treat

black dress 057

One of the biggest challenges I had when I first started losing weight was mastering my sweet tooth.

If you've looked in the archives of my recipe blog, you'll see I clearly had a problem. :)

But I discovered that often I just need a sweet taste. I don't need a full brownie with ice cream and caramel all over it. I don't need a giant piece of pie or 2 scoops of ice cream. I just don't....

So it has been fun to find ways to feel like I am completely indulging, but know I am doing it in a healthier, more moderate way. That's where this little idea was born. I wanted some ice cream...which really just means I wanted something sweet and cold. :) 

So I took a banana (zero points+) and sliced in in a bowl--and set the bowl in the freezer for about 20-30 minutes. (I like to do this before lunch or while I am getting the kids in bed)

Pull it out and top with up to 1 TBSP. ice cream caramel topping (1 pt+ depending on brand) and sprinkle on 7 gm of mini chocolate chips (because that amount happens to be 1 pt+)

The frozen bananas really do taste like ice cream and it satisfies that sweet craving!
And best of all, it's only 2 pt+ !!!!


1 comment:

Wendy said...

I can't wait to try this!