Thursday, April 21, 2011

GOALS

A few weeks ago, at my WW  meeting, we talked about exercise and keeping up with it. I've got to admit that after my 5k in February, working out definitely took a back burner for me. I have felt very discouraged about that and wondered how I could change that around.

Someone in my meeting suggested having a goal. And then it hit me...I am not working towards anything. Nothing. Not a race, not a weight goal, not a single thing. And THAT is my problem.

With preparing to move and getting ready for my husband to graduate, and with the incredibly yucky weather we've had here, I felt that there was a lot in the way from really doing much. And I couldn't think of a goal--something to really work FOR....until the other day.

I decided that I could at least work on walking more...10,000 steps a day. I may not be able to get in a full workout at the gym or go outside to do a full run, but I can up my walking--whether in the grocery store or in the parking lot, or on the stairs in my own house. 

So now I'm in the market for a great pedometer. Any suggestions on one that won't miscount all the time?? And I would love to hear what works for you...what are YOUR goals? What keeps you moving?!

2 comments:

Jake & Lisa Danes said...

That is so how I am. Right now I am having a hard time because not only do I not have a goal but I don't feel like I have time to make "me" a goal or a priority.

Karen said...

My Weight Watchers pedometer works for me. That being said, I don't have an exercise goal either. It's summer! Time to get outside, right? And move more. :o)